I am a huge fan of trying new products because you never know when you will find a new favorite!
One of my top product reviewers that I follow is social media socialite Eva Chen.
If you are not familiar with Eva, she basically invented the Instagram trending “shoefie” by taking a “selfie” of her shoes every time she taking a NYC cab. She also would regularly post great flat lays of all the beauty products she was using for the month with corresponding reviews. She used to be the editor for Lucky Magazine, but is now the Head of Fashion at Instagram (ummm how cool is that?) so this lady knows what she is talking about!
So inspired by a favorite, I’ve decided to do a monthly post a la Chen and showcase new beauty products that I am using.
This is the first one and I hope you like it! Feel free to comment any questions about products that you might have if you are also a beauty junkie yourself!
- Avène Thermal Spring Water – This travel size sample is really cooling and hydrating. I have been using this product in place of a toner every night before I go to bed. I love how refreshing it is, but honestly I might like my old Lush toner a bit more. After this runs out, I think I am going to go back to using just aragon oil to moisturize and Lush to tone.
- Lush Fairy Dust (Limited Christmas edition product, but similar here) – I am a huge Lush fan and literally went crazy last Christmas snapping up a ton of products during Lush’s one day after Christmas sale. Fairy Dust has such a sweet candy smell that they also had in a limited edition shower gel and perfume. Of course I got all three. The perfume was my fav so its long gone by now, but I have still managed to ration some gel and dusting powder. I don’t use this every day, but still rub some into my neck and arms for a little extra shimmer from time to time.
- Eos Smooth Sphere Lip Balm in Sweet Mint – I always try to put a little extra moisture on my lips and nose before bed so when I was gifted this Eos lip balm it became my new go-to. I don’t think there is anything crazy great about the Eos brand and my sister actually had an allergic reaction to a different flavor of the Eos lip balm so I am actually going to be throwing this product out.
- Target Up &Up Brand Acne Spot Treatment – I am pretty blessed with normally clear skin with only the occasional breakout, but one of my tricks to keep it this way is to apply a thin layer of salicylic acid acne treatment on my probable problem areas every night. The amount of acid is basically the same in all the off-the-shelf versions of this product that I have tried, so it really comes down to price. The Target brand is the cheapest by far and has become the only kind I buy.
- CLINIQUE Repairwear Sculpting Night Cream – I have been using this sample as an under-eye cream for the past month and really have come to like it. I haven’t seen any dramatic results, but it’s hydrating and a thicker cream so I will for sure use it all up!
- Dr. Jart Liftra Contour Cream – I LOVE this product. I use it as a primer for my makeup after I apply moisturizer and it works wonders. It is a bit matte, but very lux feeling and really brightens up my skin. A total keeper!
Anything new that you’ve been loving this September?